Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Signal Bridge at Rochelle

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Signal Bridge at Rochelle
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:18:41 EDT
Glen,

I didn't measure all of the signal bridge but this is what I have. I
checked the bridge that is the WB absoulute signals for the interlocking at
Rochelle.

The upright channels are 10 inches in width spaced 6 feet apart. The
horizontal braces are spaced 6 feet apart with the crossbraces set to the
corners. there are a total of 5 of these with the top one being in line with
the bridge itself. The uprights are set 6 feet from the outside rail.

I didn't measure the width of the bridge itself as I was doing one for a
club and I made it fit the track there. It seems as a rule though that
whatever the width of the bridge the bridge part will be of equally spaced
sections. The one that the club used was painted black and had Pennsy style
signals mounted...... The second I did has 14 sections across the bridge
itself.

I made mine out of special shapes brass, which while quite beautiful tend
to get expensive. Mike Spoor is making his out of styrene since the angles
are now available.

I hope this helps as the Q has the nicest bridges for my money!!

Steve Fye