Re: [BRHSlist] Wheel car

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Wheel car
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:33:52 -0500
John and Others:

A second picture of the wheel car was published in either the Dec 88 or
Jan 89 issue of the now defunct Passenger Train Journal. An article
covering the Q/BN suburban service from the post war modernization to
the end of the E units was spread across both issues. The wheel car
picture was included to discuss the lesser known facets of that business.

In addition to Aurora, locomotive wheels were also changed at the Zephyr
Pit (14th Street, Chicago) into the Amtrak era.

I don't trust my memory anymore, so I must state this with some
uncertainty, but weren't locomotive and passenger car wheels turned at
Aurora Shops? I do not recall seeing wheel lathe at the Wheel shop, or
the Zephyr Pit. That doesn't mean it didn't exist.

BTW, the magazine article was written by some guy named,

Ed DeRouin