Re: [BRHSlist] Mail & express

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mail & express
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:59:03 GMT

LEO,

Berwyn got lots of mail! Even as a kid, I was impressed that during the Christmas holidays, our mailman made 2 trips a day to our home, on 33rd and East Ave. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I called my brother, and he thinks we even an a delivery after 6PM on some days, that makes for a 3rd. delivery. So you see, Berwyn is WAS big town. And to have a siding showed the world how important we were, not every site had a siding.

I remember the siding and the REA trucks parked next to the box car. As a teenager, I worked at a gas station on East Ave. and the Q main line that had the maintenance contract for REA. I never took photos.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA