Re: [BRHSlist] Mail & express

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mail & express
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:50:25 +0000
Ray and Leo
My dad now retired from the postoffice use to work up to 18 hours a day
delivering a walking route when I was a kid. Use to be two deliveries a day for
almost the whole month of Dec. in Aurora. Note that was when the mailman walked
a route. We had Waycars on trains and 4 to 5 man crew who also got there
exercise by walking not in a gym.
On the Suburban Trains you would also see a car going to or from the shops in
Aurora back to 14th street coachyard.
SJH