P2K 0-8-0

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: P2K 0-8-0
From: "Richard Wolter" <rawolter@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:22:00 -0400
Hi Guys,
Unfortunately, my Lifelike P2K 0-8-0 #545, received a few days ago, does not
run smoothly, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I
have run it on straight DC, as it comes, and also with a Lenz DCC decoder
installed. In both cases, with absolutely clean and level track and clean
wheels, the loco, at slow speeds, runs erratically, starting and stopping, or
slowing, then resuming speed. There is no interruption of power, as the
headlite stays on throughout - no flicker. I ran it in for about an hour, at
various speeds, thinking that might help. It didn't. I called Lifelike - no
technician available to speak with - just told to send it in. I guess my
question is - does anyone have any suggestions before I send it in, or know
anyone with their organization? It seems like it has to be a fault in the drive
mechanism or worm gear.
P.S. If I do send it in, I'll let you know how they handled the problem. It's a
shame - this is a very nice model. Dick Wolter