Re: Shoener

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Shoener
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:54:57 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, qutlx1@a... wrote:
> John, Your friend must have been Willard who was a friend to many
of us both
> on the job,off and as modelers as was his father Paul. Yes many of
us knew
> Paul and Bill. Paul's ashes (as I recall are distributed on the
East end
> where he ran for so many years) and Bills are on the "Aurora
Branch". Bills
> sons (John and Brian) are both modeling in HO scale). P.S. unless
your
> referring to Paul Jr who became A.V.P.O. of U.P. and is now
operating his own
> business in cooperation w/Amtraks mail/express business. Leo

I was cleaning my drive and found this message. I probably missed it
when it was posted on 4/17, the last day of TAX SEASON this year.
When did Bill (Willard) pass? I first met him around 1962. I think
he was still in High School. The last time I saw him, he was
flagging on #23 either late May or early Jun 1966. I was home from
Wheelus AB (Tripoli, Libya)on emergency leave and rode to Savanna
before returning to Africa. We had a good visit. I sorry to learn
he is no longer with us.

BRAD