Bell

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Bell
From: okt@j...
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:57:51 -0500
Message: 19
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:17:57 EDT
From: qutlx1@a...
Subject: Brass Bell
The best thing I know is Brasso and elbow grease.
Terry

I have inherited a Q brass engine bell (Bill Wohl was my uncle in
law,Karl
and Bob will remember him and his quirks). He secured the bell sometime
in
the 50's from the fellow running engine dismantling from the white house.
He
simply expressed how much he'd like to have one to the fellow one night
in
the dinky vestibule. A few days later it was delivered to the homebound
dinky! Well, now its mine and after many years of being outside in the
summer
and inside in the winter it has a certain tarnish to it. I would really
like
to return the shine but fear I don't have enough time left on this earth
accomplish it w/ copper or brass cleaner and a rag.
Does anyone know of a way to restore the shine w/o blasting? Leo

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.