Re: [BRHSlist] X/O Speed

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] X/O Speed
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:59:59 EDT
Short Comment regarding stretch braking:

When in freight service, this was my preferred method of braking. The only
time I would "bunch" brake with the dynamic brake is when there was an
occupied (with BN officials) business car on the rear of the train. When
they rode the business car on the "head end" of the train (such as train #3,
the Pathetic Zip, to Seattle) this required a "special" dynamic braking
technique taught to me by an "old head" engineer named Max Wissel. Often
wondered if they ever installed seat belts/harnesses in the business cars?

Bob Campbell