Re: [BRHSlist] X/O Speed

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] X/O Speed
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:21:34 -0600
Hi Folks:

This is the same thing that the fancy new coal train electro-pneumatic
brakes do, except that they run from a "Black box" that is just far enough
out of reach to make using them really unhandy. I had the test train a
couple years ago, and when our pea-brain MOP, (now our Termoil Manager in
Gillette) came out to see it, with some bird from KC, he asked how they
worked. I told him "just like they worked on steam locos 60 years ago" he
thought I was BSin' him. I told them it worked real good for stretching 'em
through the sags. The bird from KC says: "Pretty soon you won't be able to
stretch brake." I says "Why, are you going to do something to the brake
valves?" He says: "No, we are going to put out a notice!" After I got done
rolling on the cab floor laughing, they decided they had something more
important to do somewhere else and left me alone.

Mike Decker