Re: [BRHSlist] things to see in St. Louis

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] things to see in St. Louis
From: ufffam@a...
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:59:02 EDT
Having just spent 10 days in Downtown St Louis--go to Union Staion and look
at the collection of trains and memorabilia, watch the trains climb/descend
the bridge to cross the river. Look at the old industrial buildings around
LaClede's Landing. Good view of the trains from the Radisson concierge level,
Adams Mark Pool etc.

Henze's Hobbies north of I 270 just east of I 170 junction. Take I70 from
downtown to I 170 North to I 270 east. Get off at Florrissant (check the
phoine book for street name) north bound--Henze's will be on the left at the
first major intersection north of the highway--ice cream stand on the corner.

Get back on ! 270 west to south bound on Lindbergh. When you get to Clayton
Road turn left (east) go under US40 when you get to a series of
shopsTinkerTown will be on the right in amongst a hair dresser and such--it
is about the third set of buildings.--closed Sunday and Monday. Good spouse
shopping at the Fashion Mall at the corner of Lindbergh and Clayton--greeater
spouse shopping further east on Clayton Road. Backtrack to Lindbergh and go
South on Lindbergh a few miles to Webster Grove -- when you cross the
railroad tracks look right at the prototype for the LazerKit and in about two
blocks more on the corner you will spot another shop. Good N and HO
selection--lots of old parts in the rotaries.

There are others but I have not beem to them in a while. American Model
Builders/Lazekit is south of toewn in the Hanley Industrial Park but that is
a working architectural model service so you might want to call first.

Bill Uffelman