St Louis

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: St Louis
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:14:22 EDT
Steve I agree w/the spots Bill is recommending but don't forget the hobby
shop in Union Station in the N.W. corner. Also Union Station is full of
wonderful restaurants and so is Lacleds landing. The U.P. yard is just south
of downtown along the river.And of course from the Arch and along the river
you can look at what used to be the mass of East St Louis yards. Don't forget
to visit the National Museum of Transport which is southwest of town.Also the
hobby shop in Union Station has a good selection of the historical society
newsletters. From time to time private cars are parked in the trainshed at
U.S. (especially when the AAR is holding meetings) but nothing is going on in
the near future.They rotate a few historical pieces in and out the train shed
on a regular basis. In nearby Wood River, IL is a former UTC "dome" which was
our unique version of a repair shop ( a round metallic dome w/the turntable
inside and repair spots radiating out from the table. I believe its now owned
by the Busch Sub. that repairs their small fleet of reefers/insulated boxes
and TTX equip.Leo