Re: [BRHSlist] A Fluting Question 2

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] A Fluting Question 2
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 15:00:40 EDT
Charlie,

I was asking because I am trying to figure out how to do the Burlington
Budd car fluting correctly. I was thinking of just building up some masters
to see if they could be done with flexible resin or even seeing if I could
have a die made up to work off of. At this point I was nor thinking of trying
to do a secific car anymore just the fluting.

My thoughts were to do the bottom fluting, the sides, with the roof and
letterboard as one piece. I would also think if it could be done to also
include the top side form the commuter cars. This way you would at least have
the fluting correct and maybe someone could do the window strip( hints here
). This is the best I believe I could do as I have limited time and resources
at this point.

I am heartened that you are working on this and if I may beg here I would
hope that you could persuade someone to bring out the correct Burlington
cars. It sounds as if the quality plastic steam has been well received and we
all know how the freight cars have done, I just feel that quality passenger
cars are the next step in our hobby.

Thank you for your answer, it was greatly appreciated.

Steve Fye