Set out/pickups

To: Brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Set out/pickups
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 21:08:32 EDT
Russ, Here's a question i first asked about 1974 or '75. In the pre or mostly
non radio days how did the road jobs know which trk to s/o or p/u on at Eola?
I would guess that your comment about handing up a note(on the back of a
clearance form) to the locals is a clue. I recall the number boards placed in
the tower window at Union Ave for the passenger trains for the unloading side
in CUS. Did the tower at W Eola use that type of system or a note handed up
by the operator to tell the road crews where to p/u and s/o? Any help greatly
appreciated. P.S. In 1975 the "old timers" were then unclear. It really
brought back memories when I saw your comment about "A-3 and 13 to the
house". Leo