Re: [BRHSlist] Spring Meet in Rochelle

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Spring Meet in Rochelle
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 19:34:11 EDT
Loren,

If I remember correctly, that was the year we attended the dedication where
the Aurora roundhouse received historical status. I distinctly remember
looking at the decrepit roundhouse and thinking "this will never make it."
Who would've thought? That was also the night that a good portion of the
Chicago area had lost the phones (I can't remember why, but I think it had
something to do with flooding or a fire).

One thing that does remain constant, though, is we did watch a WHOLE bunch of
slides (I even remember Spoor going long......). The difference, though, is
it was in a hotel room crammed with about 40 people and inadequate A/C. It
was after this mini-meet that we started having them in the building where
the Little Q Club is located.

Lots of good memories!

Rich