ACL Transfer Combine Question

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: ACL Transfer Combine Question
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 00:42:15 EDT
In the Morning Sun ACL Equipment book there is a shot of an ACL Combine # 666
heading westbound on the Burlington in Setember of 1967. The photo was shot
as the Burlington Passenger Train left Union Station. The photo caption reads
possibly in the Denver Zephyr although the stainless steel baggage behind the
ACL Combine is a CZ Baggage. With the way the sun is in the picture it could
be either the CZ or the DZ. However with the CZ Baggage and the fact that
the motor is an E7 I would think it is in the consist of the CZ.

My question is and perhaps I already have the answer... Is why is this car in
the CZ or the DZ? Isn't it the car that was dropped off at Burlington IA for
Silver Charger to take to the ordinance plant at Dayman IA? The only reason I
can come up with is the fact that they were late coming in on the ACL Train
or the car was held up in the transfer from the C&EI and missed the Nebraska
Zephyr?

Thanks
Loren Johnson