Signals III

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Signals III
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:14:53 -0600
<The Q's vertical three color light signals show that the colors, from the top
are arranged yellow, green and red>

The above is correct. In 1979, when I went West, to the C&S, its signals were
configured in a like manner. This is probably a direct result of the influence
exerted by the Mother Road on its subsidiaries.

I believe a ruling by the governing authority caused all (most) railroads to
reconfigure their signal displays to follow one, universal pattern. Prior to
CTC (Trinidad to Des Moines, NM.) and the installation of Automatic Switches
(poor man's CTC) between Trinidad and Walsenburg the C&S signals were changed
to display the colors as we see them today.

Karl