Re: [BRHSlist] Lost Cars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lost Cars
From: vlbg <vlbg@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:12:11 -0500
barbarland@a... wrote:

> Leo,
>
> My experience witht the AEI on the up is that someone has to read it which
> doesn't seem to happen. Then you have the conductors doing all the paper
> work, but guess what the computer tells the conductor that those weren't the
> cars that he had even though he wrote everyone of them down. I watched many
> times as my conductor enters everything only to be told that that isn't what
> he had. Then he has to start over.
>
> Here at Gridlock City (Clinton Iowa) where I work the MPEMT
> (Peoria-Marshalltown) job will come up from the south and do his work.
> Trouble is there is nobody at Peoria to forward the paper work. They go by
> the reader but someone in St. Louis has to read it and then do the trainlist.
> Soooooooo he sits on one of the mains waiting for paper work while the other
> twenty trains sit outside of town waiting thir turn. Now of course the
> Eqaulizer (drawbridge) opens for a while and you sit.
>
> They do have some long lost cars but ours usually show sooner or later,
> have patience.
>
> Steve Fye

Since this is a BRHS list I'll just continue this one more time.

If this is really the case then UP needs to fix their computer
system and hire someone that wants to do their job. From all
I have read on these lists the UP does not have their readers
programmed to do any useful work but only to create spurious
reportings.

I Dispatch trains for a living. If the Chief Dispatcher comes
to me and tells me to have a train make a particular pick up
I'll always check to see if the cars are assigned to that train.
If not, I'll do it, which will generate a work order. Most of the
time this has already been done by either the Chief, Service
Scheduling, or the TSS system itself.

This is not rocket science.

Russ