Re: [BRHSlist] Mixed Train Operations

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mixed Train Operations
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 21:54:20 -0500
kammfive@a... wrote:

> The number of mixed train photos in the 2000 calendar and my own interest in
> these trains brings up a question. How were passengers handled if there was
> any switching to be done in a town? I assume that the coach or rider car
> would be left at the depot if at all possible.

Based upon a single hazy memory from when I was nine, riding the B&NW
mixed from Washington, IA to Mediapolis, the coach was left at the depot
while local switching was done. When we arrived at Mediapolis and my
father and I detrained, we walked down the tracks to watch them switch -
I distinctly remember the coach standing behind us at the depot . . .

Marshall