Reminder!! Illini RR Club Open House this weekend (8th and 9th)

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Reminder!! Illini RR Club Open House this weekend (8th and 9th)
From: Joe Bartoli <jbartoli@s...>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 00:05:10 -0500
Its time once again for another Illini Railroad Club Open House. The Spring
Open House conicides with Mom's Day Weekend, which is Saturday, April 8th and
Sunday April 9th.

Where: IRC layout, Townsend Hall, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (See
website or end of message for directions)

When: Saturday, April 8th, 10am-4pm
Sunday, April 9th, 10am-2pm

Admission is free!!!

The Illini Railroad Club (a registered student organization of the University
of Illinois) layout is a free lance 15'x30' HO scale layout located in the
basement of Townsend Hall. The theme of the layout is the Midwest, and the era
can vary from the 50s to the present time. At present, all motive power is
diesel, with everything from 1st generation GPs and Alco RS-1s to modern
AC4400CWs. Roadnames reflect the member's own preferences, the most popular
being Illinois Central, Canadian Pacific, Gulf, Mobile and Ohio, Milwaukee, and
Western Maryland.

For more information, see our website at www.uiuc.edu/ro/IRC or contact:
Joe Bartoli, phone at 217.359.4072 or email at jbartoli@s...
Eric Viall, phone at 217.344.1875 or email at e-viall@s...

Directions:

Get to Champaign-Urbana, IL, I-74 runs east-west thru town, I-57 runs
north-south
(about 2 hrs south of chicago, 2 hrs west of indianapolis)

Get on I-74 and exit at Lincoln Avenue (the "campus"exit), on the east side of
Urbana

Turn south on Lincoln Avenue upon exiting and drive south about 2 miles

Turn right (west) on Illinois Street, the layout is in the basement of the
large residence hall on the north side of the street

Follow the signs on the residence hall doors and near the sidewalks to the
layout.

Joseph E. Bartoli
Senior, University of Illinois
Dept. of Agricultural Engineering