Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q signals

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q signals
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 12:35:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I always relate my "stuff" to my trainman days on the Lincoln and Wymore Divisions in 1956-58.   Working the Fairmon Hildreth branch summer 1958 there were several open stations on the line with operators...8am-5pm Mon-Fri along with Train order signals which were used.  We were the only train on the line. On Monday and Wednesday we.Would get orders to "Run extra Fairmont to Hildreth via West STrang Junction.  At Hildreth there was a TO signal always set at STOP.  On Tuesday and Thursday we would get a running order..."Run extra Hildreth to Fairmont via West Strang JUnction...On Friday at Fairmont we would get an order..Run extra Fairmont to Hildreth and Return to Fairmont OR..I guess depending on who was dispatching  we would on some occasions we would get 2 sets of orders..One reading like the first set above and a second set addressed   Orders addressed to Engine406 "in care of " Extra 406 West.  For our run back to FAirmont.

I have come to refer to these days viewed from the perspective of today's operation as AN OPERATING MUSEUM.  They ran these branches just like they were "main lines".

Pete