RE: [CBQ] Proper Terminology

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Proper Terminology
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:00:01 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1389646803; bh=9faDCBefOzUjrZYoiBwDT7ngXSCd3NR5SeRzdWCSU3M=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=PEjfS5IcRS7I3rUaZkDXF7212HKFLSr8zN9b9BNBIwAZHqZt5EpnxfOnASAmopfzPpdrveqHO6QtHxF8zqtqC56E7bdd2f5eFyYavGka3agnClkFJsyHkpoOZjBlGhJRIeTt8/HTUPwVKOtNoXziFOxryg18t3edSufxt8mEgao=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

John-

You are correct about we Model Railroaders developing the concept of “Phase”.   Many real railroaders didn’t even pay attention to the manufacturer’s model designation…. a 1500 HP EMD was just a locomotive that they ran.

Even the published “Phases” can be tricky.   In researching a model project I discovered there is another F unit phase, which is actually quite common, that the original X2200 South scheme did not include…..F7 phase 1b.

The Q did recognize “F5” Phase which some modelers do not recognize because EMD lumped them in with F3s.

This is different than using the wrong terms…..we had to invent the system to track things the railroads did not really care about.

Charlie Vlk