RE: [CBQ] 3 Amtrak trains stalled near Mendota

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] 3 Amtrak trains stalled near Mendota
From: "Robert McNay" <CptMatt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 00:54:27 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1389164075; bh=C9t2WMJBRUQMPDMWi6kUtqwQz3OyJrOQhi81w3s6zZ0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mROk16VWQixDUKJsa9Zbg7TfCvft+UYBA83hrT2sNcdhfiIj3UII1UyfDM4MLu/ydVyjqPHZNBsOslgdrVapSmsYK4++Z71VNrrrNE66a+sMnCoHl127XGcAC8623qhc8vAHwzIW/yXwW8a+NDH2G3Htw5TkBZpU74UPsADYCFU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
A story updated laye 1/7 from the Quincy Herald-Whig actually states that it
was a drift that stopped the train. They had to back into Princeton and that
BNSF employees were working to reopen the track.

The drift thing was also backed up by an interview on WGN TV news with a
passenger saying he saw the drift. They had pushed through several, each one
delaying the train another 5 to 15 minutes as they did.

There was a cell phone pic by someone but it wasn't very good.

Living here in Chicago, I can vouch that it was damned brutal. The wind,
using just the snow already on the ground, created a 2 foot drift against my
front door at the back of a sheltered porch. The drift was hard as a rock,
too. My neighbor did me the favor of actually chopping his way through it
then shoveling it off.

Rob McNay
Chicago IL