[CBQ] Dog Catching 1973

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Dog Catching 1973
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:11:39 EDT
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1245809598; bh=Kd0Kt7z0UiUF+7El2S8lfcASD65BhUjYXFTA3YnFxaE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-IP:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FrOgmXldHzCvlerbT8goczU8K6ZDgdcUYiQ0uAuj5I5RqktFHO7SCPOY3CwTTrnJDJ2lnJCw/Pt7SpYiPOlJk6TsMcYaiRTrXXh1bXvBe1T8Idatt+9iwiNzVNAWn6rz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Russ is so right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In 1973 while on the extra list(where dog catching belongs) I got called to
 go to the Aurora depot and "go dog catching". Normally when called to dog
catch,you catch one and go home, but..........at this time the extra list
was  working about 35 days a month and crews were in extremely short supply.
So........... from Aurora depot crew room we cab to Sugar Grove and board
an  eastbound w/o a crew as they were dead on the "hog law". We run the train
  to Aurora and s/o some stock on the sheep yard  lead and then onto
Cicero.  Where we get on a westbound dinky back to Aurora. Then into another
cab
to Big  Rock where we board another train and run it into Cicero after
setting out at  C.P. on the South Wye. Now we are escorted into a cab at the
Clyde
R.H. and off  to Aurora,where we board another cab and go to Mored where we
board yet another  dead train and take it to Cicero. We board a westbound
dinky and go to Aurora  where we are advised we are relieved from duty !.

Somebody compute how many miles we were paid that night ?!  Remember
Cicero is the terminal as for the night we're in pool service. Yes this was
extremely rare and that's why I remember it so clearly !

Leo
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377052x1201454391/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)