RE: [CBQ] Dog Catching 2000+

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Dog Catching 2000+
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:52:03 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1245811948; bh=bNSHdhxn09Rsc09gi+kBdElaMg3ldmWSGX4iKb0MxCI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=U3mFau36AMmk0krHsjnYqVNNJtWrt1Op1j9UCrOUZx+75Jyaq8QW54D4Xm1Dwer9ihrj2JnzHHjBlnkhJ7+m/UnAwZVh2N6kYjb6vLQu8hH07cMZr/WSF68Mf6yuFV8Q
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
 As fans of a "Hill Road" we always like to stick it to a Harriman Road; aka
UP.  A couple yrs back when UP literally had a meltdown with clogged mains &
shortage of crews, they sent dog catchers out to bring back dog catchers!  I.E.
things were so screwed up some dog catching crews "died" before they could get
to the dead train they were supposed to bring to a terminal.  Subsequently UP
hired a LOT of operating personnel (& regretted getting rid of too many years
before from absorbed roads).

  On the other hand BN kept its cool which may be why subsequently the Wizard
of Omaha, Warren Buffet, did NOT invest heavily in the RR hdq'ed in Omaha but
rather put a ton of $$$ into BN (which as we know still carries the first name
of "our" RR!).  And of course Amtrak's On-Time record with BN is WAY better
than UP's.  (BN, due to its CB&Q heritage?, likes easy money & the Amtrak
on-time $$$ incentives are low-hanging fruit to a RR with Zephyr, 'Builder &
NCL heritage!)

Gerald