Re: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Freight Division Article

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Burlington Freight Division Article
From: Norm Metcalf <n.metcalf@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:44:29 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1244418295; bh=JjSzZqoYtcFi633uXqDv4MaLq4TZ3sMopOS07DJ0TJs=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ebe0ERfOnF5TotJS9rfdYmheFjtylnwEyKRLSI+DwLwZWRHYgHE/Mrbf7U2IMKX6gL7Wk19Y9Zy7EVBlEMUZAtmXKiJ2isYRBFbNPHP7llJ3MQ/f7hNGHEUE0n+pPT9s
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Okay, this is somewhat different.  The U.S. has been burdened by a
dichotomy inherited from English law treating real and intellectual
property in different ways.  We're finally getting close to joining the
civilized world in this respect.  Thieves would love to justify stealing
antiques on the grounds that they're over X number of years old.  While
under the law magazines and books have equal protection you're hoping
that the article wasn't renewed and wish to exploit a flaw in the law.
There are two simple solutions: 1) check to see if the article has or
has not been renewed or 2) ask permission.
        Norm Metcalf, Boulder Colorado