Re: [BRHSlist] BRHS Bulletins, Final Word?

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] BRHS Bulletins, Final Word?
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 17:15:15 -0600
Bob Webber <zephyr1@a...> recently stated:

>I would like to suggest that perhaps there is an answer for both the
>authors and the society....

>snip<

>...The point is, while some of us have some info, in our collections, we can
>share them with others fairly easily, and spread the wealth of knowledge.
>Folios, grade charts, equipment registers, employee timetables, rule books,
>PTTs, etc. all lend themselves to this kind of sharing - and, due to the
>limitations expressed earlier, it's not like you're giving everyone your
>hard earned money - you keep the original, which is in the final analysis
>much better to look at for research. BUT other folks have a chance to see
>what is available, how it might impact their own research, what they might
>want to research, etc.

Bob brings up a good point. Now realizing that the bulk of the Societies
"archives" lies with individuals, this may be a money making opportunity
for the holders of this information and, if they would share a percentage
of the, let's say, copying fee with the BRHS, for the Society as well.

I am thinking specifically here of something the Mendota Railroad
Historical group is doing out of the depot there - in addition to their
Burlington info, they are also in possession of info on the LaSalle &
Bureau County Railroad. In the past year they have decided to offer copies
of the original track diagram of the railroad for sale to those interested
at a cost of ten dollars. This helps them out in their work and so thought
maybe something similar could be implemented which would benefit the
Society and/or private collectors.

Thanks, Bob.

Paul Kossart - Peru, Illinois, USA
NMRA, BRHS, La Salle & Bureau County Model Railroad Club
Modeling the CB&Q & Illiniwek River Branch in HO - Circa early fall, 1969.
"Serving Agriculture and Industry in the Illiniwek River Valley since 1904"