Re: [CBQ] The Q was planning on going further west

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The Q was planning on going further west
From: "Richard Townsend via groups.io" <richtownsend=netscape.net@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:05:50 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Another possibility was west from Fort Collins and up the Cache La Poudre river canyon to North Park and then on to Salt Lake City. The Q did some surveying into the canyon, and the UP was concerned enough to build west from Greeley to Fort Collins , then through Bellview to the mouth of the canyon. They surveyed farther west but didn’t build (it would be difficult in the narrow canyon) and instead turned south to quarries at Stout.

A line up the Cache La Poudre would have been quintessential Colorado mountain railroading.