Re: [CBQ] BRHS Spring Meet April 29, 2023 Invitation

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] BRHS Spring Meet April 29, 2023 Invitation
From: "Mike Martin via groups.io" <atsf3460=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 01:08:49 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I have updates to the clinic schedule for the Spring Meet.  We have both and addition and a change in our list of clinics.  The 2pm block will now have two clinics back to back and I'm calling them "shorts".  Roger Kujawa will begin this block with a discussion of the CB&Q's interchange of freight traffic in Peoria.  Roger is a Peoria native and well known modeler railroad historian and worked for both the Rock Island and P&PU.  Long time fans of Peoria railroading may remember that Roger was one of the authors of the outstanding two part article on modeling Peoria area rail operations that was published in Prototype Modeler in 1986.  The rest of this block will still have the discussion of Scott Frietsch's model railroad he is building that features Peoria.

Our 4pm block will not be having the CB&Q meets the BNSF railroader's roundtable due to needs of the BNSF requiring our younger BNSF railroaders to be out on the road.  They just can't get the time off right now to be able to commit to the meet.  So in it's place I will be doing a clinic on the history of HO scale brass steam locomotives.  I'll be including some history on how brass locomotives began and focus on all of the Burlington Route models produced over the years beginning in 1958 with the 25 Pacific Fast Mail O5a as built by Toby Models of Japan.  We'll learn a little bit about the importers and builders along the way and plusses and minuses of specific models and talk about the future of ANY CB&Q steam locomotives being produced again.

I've had a chance to preview the photographs that Bon French will be showing after dinner and they are outstanding.  We are all in for a treat after dinner Saturday.

Mike Martin / Mahomet, IL
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65323) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_