Re: [CBQ] Switch Stands

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Switch Stands
From: "Steven Holding" <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 03:59:05 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
When an unlock was opened it would set the signals and also light up the section on the CTC board.   That was WHY you had to talk to the DS first before opening it up.   On some that had a signal to come out.  You had to get permission to open it, then open it and when the indication showed up on the CTC board then the DS could line the signal.   On the CTC machines in the BC era(before computer) if the DS got a track light and IF he knew his territory you could call the maintainer and tell him what you had and where it was at.   IF the maintainer was smart he would walk right up to it.  Course some would fumble around in the dark till their time ran out.
Not all progress in technology was good.
Steve in SC