Re: [CBQ] Westbound Signal At Oregon, IL

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Westbound Signal At Oregon, IL
From: "Jack Schroeder" <jack@highlandwebworks.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 12:50:16 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Link to this photo without needed to log on.

http://www.burlingtonroute.org/BRHS/photo_library/photo_features/historical/search/viewer.php?photo_num=102290

Jack Schroeder
817 485-1922
jack@highlandwebworks.com
----------------------------
On 12/26/2022 8:48 PM, Tom Mack via groups.io wrote:
I was going through some photos and comparing them to the signal diagram chart recently posted and found an interesting oddity at Oregon, IL. Trains coming westbound off of the Rock River bridge had what the track and signal charts show as a two signal head diverging route signal. That makes sense as there is a controlled siding at Oregon. But in photos from the station area, the signal always appeared to have only a single signal head. An example of this can be found on the BRHS website here (look at the signal to the left of the trailing GP30). That's a bit confusing.

http://www.burlingtonroute.org/members_only/secured/photo_management/search/viewer.php?S=yes&photo_num=102290

Well, I ran across a photo taken from the cab of a locomotive on a westbound train on the Rock River bridge coming into Savanna that clearly shows that the signal has only one searchlight signal head on it, but there is clearly a dwarf signal on the ground at the same signal location. In the photo I have the signal on the pole is green and the dwarf is red, which is expected for a train not taking the diverging route siding. That's a pretty cool modeling item - single head signal with a dwarf on the ground!

Anyone recall anyplace else the Q might have done this? Anyone know why they wouldn't have just gone with two searchlights on the pole?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64815) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_