Re: [CBQ] Hand Sign clinic 12/16

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hand Sign clinic 12/16
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 18:22:34 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Winton

Those signals you described in your last paragraph "go ahead...and back up"...Were EXACTLY the day and night signals we were using on the CB&Q in the 1950's....at least when and where i worked  ie  Lincoln and Wymore Divisions  1956-57-58.

Others just for "grins and giggles"....both hands held out in front of you with thumbs tuned up...GO EAT.....ALL DONE.  Both hands held out in front of you moving up and down in unison.   "FREIGHT HOUSE" or  "    WORK MERCHANDISE...One hand out with thumb down...TAKE WATER.  Yes there were still a few steam engines in the yards at Lincoln and Omaha in those years.

Both arms and hands stiffly out in front of you and moved rapidly  over and over..."MAKE A DROP"....I THINK THOSE ARE ILLEGAGL TODAY.

Pete