Re: [CBQ] Montgomery II

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Montgomery II
From: "Douglas Harding" <iowacentralrr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 16:13:07 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Mike

The vertical slats are along the edge of the feed bunks that separate two pens. They are there to prevent sheep from getting into the next pen while eating. Sheep are notorious for jumping up into feed bunks. Note the slats are spaced so a sheep can reach in to get hay, but not enough to get their head stuck.

ICC valuation maps are available from the National Archives in College Park Maryland. https://www.archives.gov/research/transportation/railroad-valuation

I don’t know if they are digitized. They ones I accessed there for other railroads were not.

Some railroad historical societies have copies of valuation maps, from either the ICC or from the railroad. I do not know if the BRHS has copies of maps, and if they do, I don’t know if they have been digitized.

Railroad maps are sometimes available from unusual sources. I have a friend who has quite a collection, which was amassed by his father. But few are digitized. His collection, as well as mine, is focused on Iowa, so not much help to you.

Hopefully you one can steer you to the source for CBQ  maps in Illinois.

Doug Harding

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.harding.3156/