Re: [CBQ] Montgomery II

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Montgomery II
From: "Douglas Harding" <iowacentralrr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 14:26:20 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Mike I found the ICC Valuation reports often noted what paving, if any, was used at stockyards. Only the smallest, seldom used pens had a dirt surface. Most had something that allowed for drainage without letting mud puddles form or a solid surface that was easy to clean. Sand, cinders or gravel was most common for a porous surface that allowed drainage without letting mud puddles form in pens that were used occasionally. Brick, concrete, or asphalt was typically used for paved areas, esp in pens that saw constant use. Mostly this was the alleyways, while the actually pens would have surface that could drain.

Photos I have of CBQ stockpens show brick alleyways. The one photo I have of Montgomery pens shows a lot of sheep, with what looks like cinders on the ground.

Doug Harding

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.harding.3156/