[CBQ] P K Hannah

To: BRHSlist IO group <brhslist@groups.io>, CBQ IO Group <cbq@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] P K Hannah
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 02:39:01 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Forwarding for Steve Holding.

From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 8:18:34 AM
To: Dave Lotz <dave_lotz@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: P K Hannah

Dave
I tried to send this last night and I guess I had the wrong address
A said time but still moving on.  Right now logging on the back 10
Steve

On Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 10:20:17 PM EDT, STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

It is with a sad heart I report the passing of fellow member  P.K. Hannah.
PK had worked for the CB&Q during collage as an Agent/Operator and then went full time and after the BN merger became a Train Dispatcher in the Hannibal Mo. Office.  Due to the Hannibal and Cicero Offices being in the same seniority district he bid a job in the Cicero Office in the mid-70's  That is where I met PK and we became working friends both in the office and outside.  PK was a paper collector  Anything Railroad Paper.  because of it I worked as his muscle moving paper and helping out with moving his excess to shows where he would often have tables with material for sale.  We both got moved to Galesburg and one day he said come by and help me move.  He got called into work and my Dad and I loaded a moving truck with you name it from his house.  I thought sure the tires were going to pop.  After we got moved to Texas we would often travel cross country to shows with his excess for sale.  I had just returned from Texas where I had done some work on his house before an O Scale Show and returned home here to SC.  One thing he was always wondering was his last show.    He was on the road here to pick me up for the Gaithersburg, Md. show next weekend and had a traffic accident on I-20 in Tyler, Texas.
Wake up every day looking forward to the next but remember It might be your last.  We never know.
Steve in SC
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64580) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_