Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] Bristol, IL depot built date ?

To: BRHSlist@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] [BRHSlist] Bristol, IL depot built date ?
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 13:39:08 -0500
Cc: CBQ@groups.io
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Leo-
Going back that far it is highly unlikely that there are records of when the
first depot was constructed or what it was.
I have made educated guesses on some depots based on secondary sources.  For
example, the first Douglas (one "s", not two as now woked) Park depot is
casually mentioned in a discussion of development in the Real Estate page of
the Tribune.  Maps show two locations.
Others are still in question....like the stone depot that was erected at
LaGrange Fifth Avenue.  Was it the first one or was there an earlier wood one
for Kensington?
The date for Highlands is very much in question.
Many locations probably had one or two buildings before the ones that are
known.  Fire destroyed earlier versions and most are not in the record.
The Chaining Notes have missing pages but do have some good information.   I
don't know if they extended to Bristol; I only have copies of what was
available from CC&IC Crossing to Aurora.  Some earlier depots locations are
shown and dates are added for replacements after 1885.
Charlie Vlk