Re: [CBQ] Robert C Brown

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Robert C Brown
From: "Louis Zadnichek via groups.io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:52:01 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
October 2, 2022

Group - Actually Pete sold his complete collection of Robert C. Brown books to me.  I had always wanted a complete set. The series of books are a truly remarkable history of the Q in Iowa.  They are long out of print, although once in awhile one will show-up on EBay. I've never seen a full set for sale.

I met "Brownie" when I was a youth living in Ottumwa, IA, during the time that my dad was the Ottumwa Division Superintendent. If I remember correctly, Brownie was a dispatcher at the time. Pete is correct about most of the images in the spiral bound books being of mediocre quality at best - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL