Re: [CBQ] Upcoming Rail strike effect?

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Upcoming Rail strike effect?
From: "Burtron Armbrust, Sr. via groups.io" <wb8ebs=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:07:48 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thank you.  Looking forward to it.  Burt

On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 05:31:00 PM CDT, Bryan Howell via groups.io <tubaman21=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes, part of the regular route. We back out of the depot and on to BNSF owned track. We then reverse direction and head over towards our main track. Rail Authority ownership begins around the old DM&IR Endion yard site I believe. So it is right around 2 miles of ex-NP still BNSF owned track we regularly operate on. However, they only use a couple hundred feet of it as a tail track/interchange track off their Rice's Point yard. We dispatch and operate the BNSF track, use USOR rules over it (BNSF is GCOR) and the Rail Authority pays for maintenance. At one time, BNSF had (they still might) a sign just short of the south end of where we operate on their track that said Do Not Spot Cars Past This Point. There was a derail about 30 yards beyond that in the museum's direction that was kinda the demarcation point. BNSF didn't operate north of that derail and we didn't operate south of it. However, the derail was removed a few years ago. Sorry for the long answer. Aren't 100+ year old trackage rights and leases fun to try and figure out? If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them off-list or in person sometime this weekend.

Have a safe trip!

Bryan J. Howell
Superior, WI