[CBQ] High Green Nolen Null

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] High Green Nolen Null
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 17:57:00 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Greetings,

I wanted to inform you that Nolen Null, longtime friend, lifelong CB&Q fan & modeler, has passed away. Nolen worked in the model railroad business starting at Pro Custom Hobbies and later as a large account manager for Life-Like.

Nolen believed in sharing material and did so freely in hopes his lifelong pursuit and contributions to the history of the railroad would be seen by all and not just a few. Although Nolen contributed to The Burlington Waycars, his contributions to A History of The CB&Q Quincy Branch was dear to his heart. When Nolen learned A History of The Peoria Branch was underway, Nolen's acerbic wit opined any book covering Fulton County should include “What Happened to Fay Rawley.” https://www.thezephyr.com/archives/rawley.htm

Having grown up on a farm in western Illinois, his roots led to a yearly pilgrimage to return to the family farm he remembered so well. Last year’s month long Nullapalooza was outlined in a two page spreadsheet of family activities. We always scheduled an all-you-can-eat fried chicken dinner at the K of C in Fort Madison or the all-you-can eat catfish dinner at the Pink Tavern in Lomax so Nolen could experience the nonstop parade of trains while setting aside his “Low Salt, Low Fat, No Sugar, Low Carb, If it tastes good:  SPIT IT OUT!!!" dietary guidelines.

A Celebration of Life was held in July for Nolen and his brother Norman on the family farm. Nolen and Norman’s ashes were spread a row apart in a bean field by family members each wearing one of Nolen's trademark Hawaiian shirts. If you knew Nolen, this is what he would say was a very fitting end to his life story.

Obituary:

If you would like to send the family personal condolences, please send it to me off list. I will gladly forward it.

High Green, Nolen.

Randy Danniel

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64073) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_