Re: [CBQ] Manual Block System; Rule 318(B)

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Manual Block System; Rule 318(B)
From: "jpslhedgpeth via groups.io" <jpslhedgpeth=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:06:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Charlie

RE:  Yates City...seems like I once saw on the ICC Report investigation list there was an interesting matter which occured regarding a misreading of the Train Order Signal...

Seems like IIRC that there was a changed meet or wait order to be delivered at Yates City and the OP had "gone to supper" and left the signal at Stop..well the train came along and misread the TO signal because the low sun was shining through the glass "roundal" and the engine crew hence thought t hat they had a clear order board and hence did not get the meet or wait order and there was a "bad one as a result.

I know this memory reference is somewhat garbled, but it was an interesting one of a lifetime things that could never happen,but DID.

Does this   prod anybody's memory awake?   I have no idea of the month or year...maybe in the 1940's.

Pete