Re: [CBQ] ScaleTrains Havelock Gon Decal Set

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] ScaleTrains Havelock Gon Decal Set
From: "Jeff via groups.io" <jworones=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:36:33 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Any updates Micheal?
I’m in for a stack of those decals.
Hubert does excellent work. I have a bunch of his RI sets.

Thanks
Jeff

On Apr 5, 2022, at 9:08 AM, Micheal via groups.io <mfarley=midco.net@groups.io> wrote:

Everyone,

I've been in touch with Mask Island Decals about producing a "companion" decal set for the CB&Q Havelock Gons. I sent them the following information, and he is interested in pursuing the project. The missing lettering includes:

  1. The roof instructions “ROOF MUST BE LOCKED WHEN IN POSITION”. Four of these go on each car side for the 83300 and 83500 series. Six per side on the 83400 series.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=4738753 - Six instructions per car side.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3751701 - Four instructions per car side.

  1. The delineation rectangles along the bottom edge are also missing from the car. Eight of these go on each car side.
  2. The letter “R” after the GB. One per car side.
  3. Trust Stencil: MORGAN GUARANTY TRUST COMPANY OF NEW YORK, AGENT, OWNER
  4. Possible shop stencils from prototype photos include:

NEW 12-65

NEW 3-68

TP 3-76

CH 7-76

CH 4-78

  1. End lettering as follows: CB&Q Class GM-6A 83417 (rrpicturearchives.net)

FREIGHTMASTER

2½” SPRING TRAVEL

36” 1-W STL WHLS.

6½ X 12 (Illegible) AXLE

  1. ACI and Lube Stencils would be handy to include.
  2. Also for those of us who want to kitbash a roof to fit on the car, we would need these roof stencils: http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cbq83148roof1&o=cbq
  3. A few of these cars had Return When Empty stencils. This one was to the EJ&E at Gary, Indiana http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=3733149.

I did send this list to ScaleTrains as well, and they were not receptive to updating their artwork for the new release.

If you have additions, corrections, or better information that I have gathered, please contact Hubert through his website or email, or simply feel free to indicate that you would be interested in these decals for your models.

Micheal Farley
Bismarck, ND
www.facebook.com/yellowstonedivision

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63560) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_