Re: [CBQ] Flat car load

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Flat car load
From: "Douglas Harding" <iowacentralrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 16:26:07 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

I transferred the photo to my big screen TV and blew up to 250 zoom. Still can figure it out.

The load looks to be two wood boxes/beams that carry the numbers CB&Q 220 and CB&Q 219, both sitting on the flatcar 207702. It appears to have a lattice beam running the full length of the car, and a lattice upright at the end that has guy wires coming down at four points, the outer ones attached to the wood beam. I’m not sure but the vertical tank to the left may be on 220. But the other apparatus to the right looks to be on another flat car on an adjacent track, as the guy wires come down in front of it.

It reminds me of some kind of logging equipment, ie the headache boom used to load logs on flatcars. Or the upright could be a spud used to anchor a dredge barge.

Very unusual load.