[CBQ] Treasure Chest?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Treasure Chest?
From: "Ken Vandevoort" <countrydepottrains@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 21:53:47 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
When BN abandoned the Peavine, the Pilot Grove depot went to J. J. Nichting and many years later Nichting donated it to the Dover Historical Society in New London.  Unknown to me, there was a small storage closet in the depot and it sat untouched in Pilot Grove after the railroad left.  We had our monthly Dover board meeting today and I was asked to take home a tub which had the contents of the storage closet and it must be at least 40 lbs.  My job is to sort it and find out what we have. At first glance, it is mostly freight tariffs from the 40's and 50's.  There is material from Western Union and the Air Express Division of Railway Express.  Some of this stuff is WWII.

I plan to sort it by category, label it and box it for easy retrieval in the agent's office in the depot.  I will let you know if I find something really interesting.

Ken Vandevoort
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63361) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_