Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Gon Inquiry

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Gon Inquiry
From: "James Sandrin" <sandmantrains@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 15:18:39 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
A couple points for this line of discussion about the gondola roof. My model of 83379 used two spliced Athearn gondola roofs, which had the lifting brackets molded in place.  Other than that, the spliced roof is very similar to the spliced Intermountain shown in the discussion.  The problem with my approach is the current availability of Athearn parts, which is questionable.  Drawings of Standard Railway Equipment gondola roof are presented on page 384 of the Car Builder's Cyclopedia, 21st Edition (1961).  These were the type used on the earlier Q cars. The later cars, classes GM-6,  GMS-1 used a Havelock-fabricated type of roof that I guessed at from studying Chuck Zieler's photos of the series.  Hope this is of some use. Jim Sandrin
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63260) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_