[CBQ] CB&Q Waycar #13855

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar #13855
From: garyomaha2000@cox.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 06:31:21 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

A friend at the Historical Society of Pottawattamie County (Iowa) asked me to check with you knowledgeable folks about CB&Q Waycar #13855.  It’s in their collection at the RailsWest Railroad Museum in Council Bluffs.

The waycar is one of the oldest artifacts they have, but it’s not in good shape, having been outdoors with low or no maintenance for a long time.  They’re considering applying for a grant to help with costs of rehabilitating the car.

One question in the grant application asks, “Give a concise history of the item(s) or artifact(s) which is (or are) the subject of your application and explain the historical importance.”

How rare are cars like this one?  Any suggestions on finding the history of this waycar?  It’s listed on the BRHS website roster, but would a deeper historical perspective be available somewhere?  Or perhaps they could borrow wording written towards similar grants elsewhere?

I told him I’d check into this.  Suggestions?  Thanks!

Gary Emenitove

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63247) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_