[CBQ] CB&Q Flexi-Van Service

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Flexi-Van Service
From: "Tom Mack via groups.io" <thommack=yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 04:20:24 -0800
I checked the messages archives and this question has never been answered:

Where did the CB&Q run its Flexi-Van service?

Close to that is: Where were the CB&Q Flexi-Van terminals? Since specialized equipment (bogies and yard tractors) was needed to load and unload Flexi-Vans, I would think the actual Flexi-Van terminals would be clearly identified somewhere.

There is photo evidence of Flexi-Vans on certain passenger trains, including the recent one I posted that shows one on the Black Hawk. But the lack of photos still makes it hard for me to understand what the actual Flexi-Van routes were. I know the Black Hawk was scheduled for night service, so there aren't nearly as many photos of it as the Zephyrs, but I would think there might be some documentation about regular Flexi-Van service on this or other Q trains somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Or perhaps we have something in the BRHS archives?

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

View/Reply Online (#62997) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic