Re: [CBQ] Yellow Doors?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Yellow Doors?
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:39:34 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

To Jim’s comments I would point out the reweigh info. Near the lt.wt./capacity stenciling on these cars. They have been through a repair project(note the newer painted blocks) that the photo leads me to believe involved removal of roof ladders and roof walks and these replacement doors. I would agree with Jim that since the cars were on relatively short life expectancies it was decided not to spend time and money painting the doors to match what by then were around 25 year old paint jobs.
While box cars with doors of different colors than the car sides could be seen in any era. Think a quick fix. It seemed to me as someone on the ground that a lot of BN box cars were receiving new or used replacement doors and none were being painted to match cars. It was routine to see box car red cars with green,red,blue etc doors. Just as it an everyday occurrence to see BN green box cars with doors of just about any color in the rainbow. It seemed only when a box car went through shop including it a repaint did it come out with uniform color

Leo Phillipp