Re: [CBQ] Pre Chinese Red Boxcar Color Using Acrylics

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Pre Chinese Red Boxcar Color Using Acrylics
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 13:06:55 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

John-

The Chinese Red cars use…Chinese Red paint, not Mineral Brown.  That is for the Script pre-Chinese Red Block Burlington lettered cars.

Dave Lotz at Q Connection https://www.qconnection.biz/ offers Badger 16-153 CB&Q Chinese Red and other colors of interest to CB&Q modelers.

Even if you don’t want to use that brand I would use it as a color reference to establish the mixes or comparable paint in your preferred paint lines.

Other than being a fellow BRHS member I have no commercial ties to that enterprise..

Charlie Vlk