[CBQ] CB&Q, Freight Car Roster, 1875-1970

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q, Freight Car Roster, 1875-1970
From: "Nolen Null via groups.io" <NNull=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 02:40:10 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Group,

Just received my copy (and accompanying CD) in yesterday's mail.  Yes, it was FREE!!  Another benefit of belonging to the BRHS!  The enclosed letter stated that it would be for sale on the societies 'Company Store' web page.  I don't know what the price will be, but I can tell you it's worth twice whatever they charge.

Once again, we members owe a huge debt of gratitude to Rupert Gamlen.  I'm sure most of us would not have the fortitude to stick with a project such as this for anywhere near 30 years (let along 30 days).  My 74 years old my eyes would have developed a case of "spreadsheet-itis' long before it's completion.

I commend you, Rupert, for sticking with it for so long and finally reaching a point where it is 'Damn the torpedoes!  Full speed ahead' and publishing what you have.  Too many potential authors put off publishing until their demise makes it too late.

At last,  we have a comprehensive listing of freight cars.  Now we know what number to put on our furniture cars!

Rupert, we can't thank you enough!

Nolen Null
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62667) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_