Re: [CBQ] Passenger Es in freight service

To: "cbq@xxxxxxxxx" <cbq@xxxxxxxxx>, "CBQ@xxxxxxxxx" <CBQ@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Passenger Es in freight service
From: "Bill Belsher" <billyben@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 23:50:45 +0000 (UTC)
I know that the C&S and the Denver tried using their E units for freight service over the "Joint Line" between Denver and Pueblo and it was a dismal failure.  The were soon traded in for C&S SD40s.  Should have stuck them on the Joint lines between Dallas and Houston here in Texas.  Probably would have fared better.  Also they did not change the gearing to freight gearing.  I read that a lot of traction motors and generators got fried on the Palmer Lake grade.

Bill
Modeling the Fort Worth & Denver in N scale.