Re: [CBQ] CB&Q station photos of Palmyra MO or NE ???

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q station photos of Palmyra MO or NE ???
From: "Gene Tacey" <taceys@gpcom.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 18:15:04 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

#3 is definitely Palmyra, Nebraska. This depot was in service into the 70’s and except for the freight house being added was the original depot built by the Midland Pacific. The other two may be two different depots. The first has Junction in the name on the depot but the second only says Palmyra on the name board. There was an Ayr and Ayr Junction in Nebraska for many years. That may be the case here. The architecture of the first photo is unlike anything on Lines West the #2 photo has similarities to a number of the later depots in Nebraska but no brick depot was ever at Palmyra, Nebraska.

Gene T